Fraze exemplificatoare cu STATE
- She's in a poor state of health. (Stă prost cu sănătatea.)
- Something is rotten in the state of Denmark. (E ceva putred în Danemarca.)
- The member state shall submit the plan to the commission. (Statul membru înaintează planul comisiei.)
- What a state you are in! (În ce hal ești!)
- Hawaii is not a state of mind, but a state of grace. (Hawaii nu e o stare mentală, ci o stare de grație.) - Paul Theroux
- Minds, like bodies, will often fall into a pimpled, ill-conditioned state from mere excess of comfort. (Mințile, ca și trupurile, cad, deseori, într-o stare bolnăvicioasă, pur și simplu din prea multă comoditate.) - Charles Dickens
- The people are that part of the state that does now know what it wants. (Poporul este acea parte dintr-un stat care nu știe ce vrea.) - Hegel
- To be in love is merely to be in a state of perceptual anesthesia. (A fi îndrăgostit înseamnă pur și simplu a fi într-o stare perpetuă de anestezie.) - H.L. Mencken
- In the state of nature...all men are born equal, but they cannot continue in this equality. Society makes them lose it, and they recover it only by the protection of the law. (În starea naturală... toți oamenii se nasc egali, dar nu pot continua această egalitate. Societatea îi face să o piardă, și o pot recupera doar prin protecția legii.) - Montesquieu
- To state a theorem and then to show examples is literally to teach backwards. (A enunța o teoremă și apoi a da exemple înseamnă practic a preda de la coadă la cap.) - E. Kim Nebeuts
- The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws. (Cu cât statul este mai corupt, cu atât va emite mai multe legi.) - Tacit
- Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas. (Crăciunul nu este o perioadă, nici un sezon, ci o stare de spirit. Adevăratul spirit al Crăciunului înseamnă să prețuiești pacea și bunăvoința, să oferi, din plin, compasiune.) - Calvin Coolidge
- To be interested in the changing seasons is a happier state of mind than to be hopelessly in love with spring. (A fi interesat în schimbarea anotimpurilor este o stare a minții mai fericită decât să fiin indrăgostit fără speranță de primăvară.) - George Santayana
- I have a high state of resentment for the conformity in this country. If you're not married and having children, it's like your life is empty or you're a communist meanie. (Am resentimente puternice față de conformismul din această țară. Dacă nu ești căsătorit și nu ai copii, e ca și cum ai trăi degeaba sau ca și cum ai fi un comunist răutăcios.) - Walker Best
Alte exemple de fraze cu STATE
- When people are being put into a hypnotic state for the first time I often, after placing them in a very light hypnotic state, wake them and ask them to compare their wakening state to that when hypnotised.
- Laws differ from state to state in the United States.
- How did this dangerous state come about?
- She could not state her own option.
- You must state the fact as it is.
- I could not help but state my opinion.
- She was in a sad state.
- She was in a piteous state.
- He is busy with affairs of state.
- The Emperor shall be the symbol of the State.
- He is in a poor state of health.
- The fighter has taken off for a state of emergency.
- You are at liberty to state your own views.
- Can you state the facts to his face?
- I am in poor state of health.
- State your case briefly.
- Our teachers say ours is the best school in the state, and in a way, it is.
- He is content with his present state.
- No one can say for sure how this awkward state of affairs came about.
- Georgia is his native state.
- Ned comes from the state of Utah.
- Please state your opinion crisply and clearly.
- As a parent I was in a truly pitiable state.
- The room was in a state of neglect.
- The capital of the state is right on the equator.
- The old castle is in a sad state.
- Such a state of things cannot be put up with.
- The president is busy with affairs of state.
- The state faces a financial crisis.
- In 1948, a Jewish state was founded.
- I've ended up in my present state from having indulged myself.
- I congratulate you on your passing the state examination.
- There is oil in hair in its natural state.
- Individuals do not exist for the development of the State.
- The President nominated him to be Secretary of State.
- A state is made up of individuals who compose it.
- Economic conditions are in a state of flux.
- State your name and social security number, please.
- What's the height of the Empire State Building?
- Please state your opinion with relation to this project.
- The country is in a bad economic state.
- The common state of this matter is solid.
- The country was in a state of anarchy at that time.
- The desk is in a state of total disorder.
- The country is a bad economic state.
- New York State is almost as large as Greece.
- The legislator of that state did away with outdated laws.
- TV is harmful in that it keeps your mind in a passive state.
- Lansing is the state capital of Michigan.
- While the civil war went on, the country was in a state of anarchy.
- It is no use trying to separate the sheep from the goats while in a state of madness.
- In communism the means of production are owned by the state.
- A devastating earthquake hit the state capital.
- Part of Hokkaido still remains in its natural state.
- He ran for Governor of the state four years ago.
- He dared to visit the governor of New York State.
- The Secretary of State administers foreign affairs.
- One is apt to think oneself faultless. State the facts as they are.
- The present state of the city's finances is not good.
- The state Government deprived him of the civil rights.
- Water in a solid state is called ice.
- The American Government declared a state of emergency.
- It is well known that up to the middle of the last century Japan was a feudal state.
- His heart ached when he saw his son's miserable state.
- There was a flare-up between local residents and state regulators.
- The team played hard because the championship of the state was at stake.
- In my opinion, we should pay more attention to the present state of affairs.
- The United Nations makes efforts to keep the earth in a state of peace.
- The incident occurred while Secretary of State, Powell, was visiting Japan.
- With this as background I turn now to an account of the present state of evolutionary biology.
- A scientist had to know how to ask the correct question and to state it so clearly that the answer would be, in effect, a definite yes or no, not "maybe".
- Throughout the United State large numbers of young people enter college every year.
- You have just won a prize of $5000 in a California state safety competition for proper use of your seatbelt.
- The process by which substances are turned directly from a solid state into a gas is called sublimation.
- The authors state quite categorically that the female members of only a small number of species also sing.
- Suffixes, 1: "-ion" creates nouns that show the meaning of 'action, state, process, results,' and so on.
- When it is appraised, in order to check the authenticity and state of preservation of the painting, the real thing has to be borrowed from its owner.
- State police spokeswoman Janet Welp says the truck wound up crashing into a bridge railing along Interstate 30.
- Now Marina was a romantic, she had not yet fallen into that passive state of mind which accepts that one should find a corner to live, anywhere, and then arrange one's whole life around it.
- Body temperature rising, pulse rising ... he's in a state of oxygen deficiency.
- The worth of a state, in the long run, is the worth of the individuals composing it.
- Moreover, freedom in America is indivisible from the freedom to practice one's religion. That is why there is a mosque in every state of our union, and over 1,200 mosques within our borders.
- Americans pay both federal taxes and state taxes.
- Let's remember that it was a man from this state who first carried the banner of the Republican Party to the White House, a party founded on the values of self-reliance and individual liberty and national unity.
- While welcoming the firming up of the present government policy to abandon the proposal of the reform bill to the Diet, at the same time some are worried that Prime Minister Koizumi won't clearly state the bill's withdrawal.
- Chronic care beds for patients long stay patients will be drastically cut from July, a state where many people will be cut off from nursing and treatment is feared.
- Let's remember that it was a man from this state who first carried the banner of the Republican Party to the White House, a party founded on the values of self-reliance and individual liberty and national unity. Those are values that we all share. And while the Democratic Party has won a great victory tonight, we do so with a measure of humility and determination to heal the divides that have held back our progress.
Exemple din articole cu STATE
- The California State Supreme Court announced their ruling today that a state ban on gay marriage is unconstitutional.
- Michaele and Tareq Salahi, the couple accused of crashing a White House state dinner in 2009, made it past CBS security Tuesday and appeared on "The Late Show with David Letterman" during Letterman's monologue.
- Handling Active State for jQuery Animated Backgrounds.
Imagini exemplificatoare pentru STATE
Produse referitoare la "State"
Kenneth C. Davis
Eugene M. Gagliano
Gayatri Chakravorty Spivak