- action - something done (usually as opposed to something said); "there were stories of murders and other unnatural actions"
- action - the state of being active; "his sphere of activity"; "he is out of action"
- military action: a military engagement; "he saw action in Korea"
- action - natural process: a process existing in or produced by nature (rather than by the intent of human beings); "the action of natural forces"; "volcanic activity"
- action - the series of events that form a plot; "his novels always have a lot of action"
- action - the operating part that transmits power to a mechanism; "the piano had a very stiff action"
- legal action: a judicial proceeding brought by one party against another; one party prosecutes another for a wrong done or for protection of a right or for prevention of a wrong
- action - institute legal proceedings against; file a suit against; "He was warned that the district attorney would process him"; "She actioned the company for discrimination"
- action - an act by a government body or supranational organization; "recent federal action undermined the segregationist position"; "the United Nations must have the power to propose and organize action without being hobbled by irrelevant issues"; "the Union action of emancipating Southern slaves"
- action - carry through: put in effect; "carry out a task"; "execute the decision of the people"; "He actioned the operation"
- action - the most important or interesting work or activity in a specific area or field; "the action is no longer in technology stocks but in municipal bonds"; "gawkers always try to get as close to the action as possible"
- ACTION is a public bus service operating in Canberra, ACT, Australia. It is operated by the Department of Territory and Municipal Services. The name ACTION is an acronym of Australian Capital Territory Internal Omnibus Network.
- The Action were an English band of the 1960s.
- Action! is a programming language, with integrated editor, debugger, and 6502 compiler, for the Atari 8-bit family of microcomputers. Action! was created by Clinton Parker and released on cartridge by Optimized Systems Software in 1983. Its syntax is similar to that of ALGOL 68.
- The word action has more than one meaning in fiction. Action is one of the fiction-writing modes authors use to present fiction. The term is also used to describe a subset of creative works emphasizing action rather than other aspects of storytelling.
Produse referitoare la "actions"
Acest site este bazat pe Lexica © 2004-2019 Lucian Velea