- In Freudian psychoanalytic theory, defence mechanisms or defense mechanisms (see -ce/-se) are unconscious psychological strategies brought into play by various entities to cope with reality and to maintain self-image. Healthy persons normally use different defences throughout life. ...
- defense - (military) military action or resources protecting a country against potential enemies; "they died in the defense of Stalingrad"; "they were developed for the defense program"
- defense - protection from harm; "sanitation is the best defense against disease"
- defense - (sports) the team that is trying to prevent the other team from scoring; "his teams are always good on defense"
- defense - the justification for some act or belief; "he offered a persuasive defense of the theory"
- defense mechanism: (psychiatry) an unconscious process that tries to reduce the anxiety associated with instinctive desires
- Department of Defense: the federal department responsible for safeguarding national security of the United States; created in 1947
- defense - the defendant and his legal advisors collectively; "the defense called for a mistrial"
- defense - refutation: the speech act of answering an attack on your assertions; "his refutation of the charges was short and persuasive"; "in defense he said the other man started it"
- defense - an organization of defenders that provides resistance against attack; "he joined the defense against invasion"
- defense - defensive structure: a structure used to defend against attack; "the artillery battered down the defenses"
- defense - a defendant's answer or plea denying the truth of the charges against him; "he gave evidence for the defense"
- The Defense, is a Russian novel written by Vladimir Nabokov during his emigration in Berlin and published in 1930.
- Defense - Defence has several uses in the sphere of military application.
- Defense - In civil proceedings and criminal prosecutions under the common law, a defendant may raise a defence in an attempt to avoid criminal or civil liability. ...
Produse referitoare la "defenses"
Robert W. Firestone
Acest site este bazat pe Lexica © 2004-2020 Lucian Velea