- An ensign is a distinguishing flag of a ship or a military unit; or a distinguishing token, emblem, or badge, such as a symbol of office. The word has also given rise to the military rank of "ensign", a rank of junior officer once responsible for bearing the ensign of his unit.
- ensign - a person who holds a commissioned rank in the United States Navy or the United States Coast Guard; below lieutenant junior grade
- ensign - national flag: an emblem flown as a symbol of nationality
- ensign - colors flown by a ship to show its nationality
- Ensign is a junior rank of commissioned officer in the armed forces of some countries, normally in the infantry or navy. As the junior officer in an infantry regiment was traditionally the carrier of the ensign flag, the rank itself acquired the name.
- The Ensign of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, commonly shortened to Ensign , is an official periodical of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church). ...
- Ensign was a Formula One constructor from Britain. They participated in 133 grands prix, entering a total of 155 cars.
- Ensign - Starfleet ranks and insignia are fictional titles and badges that form the hierarchy of Starfleet in the Star Trek television shows and movies. Starfleet's ranks seem to be based on those used by the United States Navy.
- Ensign is a hardcore punk band from New Jersey, USA. It was formed in 1995 and signed to Indecision Records in 1996. ...
- The Ensign magazine is the official publication of the United States Power Squadrons (or USPS). All active members and apprentice/Sea Scout members of USPS receive a subscription unless they opt out. ...
- Ensign - Ensign's self-titled 7" EP was their first release on Orange County, California record label, Indecision Records. It was released in May, 1996 on 7" vinyl only. ...
- ensign - A term that denotes distinctive flags authorised for use by the Navy, the Air Force, merchant ships and pleasure craft. Also the term used for a flag with the Union Flag in the first quarter.
- ensign - Place above, as of a crown resting on a rose.
- ensign - Military rank. Lowest commissioned rank - equivalent to sub-lieutenant.
- ensigned - a charge with another above it
Acest site este bazat pe Lexica © 2004-2019 Lucian Velea