- In sailing and boating, freeboard means the distance from the waterline to the upper deck level, measured at the lowest point of sheer where water ...
- A Freeboard is kind of specialist skateboard designed to closely simulate the behavior of a snowboard.
- The part of the canoe that rides above the waterline.
- A margin of safety added to the BFE to account for waves, debris, miscalculations, or lack of data.
- The space from the top of an embankment to the highest water elevation expected for the largest design storm stored. The space is often required as a safety margin in a pond or detention basin.
- Area of the hull between the waterline and the sheerline. If there is flare in the freeboard it will increase the boat's secondary stability. If there is tumblehome in the freeboard it will reduce secondary stability.
- The vertical distance between a bed of filter media or ion exchange material and the overflow or collector for backwash water; the height above the bed of granular media available for bed expansion during backwashing; may be expressed either as a linear distance or a percentage of bed depth.
- Under the National Flood Insurance Program, a factor of safety, usually expressed in feet above a flood level, for the purposes of floodplain management. ...
- Distance from water to lowest point of the boat where water could come onboard
- height of the crest of a structure above the still water level
- A height added to the predicted level of flood to take account of waves or turbulence and the uncertainty in estimating the probability of flooding.
- That part of a ships sides above water, from the Anglo-Saxon framebord, meaning 'the frame's side."
- a vertical distance added to the actual calculated flood level to accommodate uncertainties (hydraulic and hydrologic variables), potential for waves, surges, and other natural phenomena.
- The height of your boat from the waterline to the top of the side of your boat.
- Portion of the dam above spillway level to protect the dam against washout.
Acest site este bazat pe Lexica © 2004-2019 Lucian Velea