- The description Moors has referred to several historic and modern populations of Muslim (and earlier non-Muslim) people of Berber, Black African and Arab descent from North Africa, some of whom came to conquer and occupy the Iberian Peninsula for nearly 800 years. ...
- moor - secure in or as if in a berth or dock; "tie up the boat"
- moor - come into or dock at a wharf; "the big ship wharfed in the evening"
- moor - one of the Muslim people of north Africa; of mixed Arab and Berber descent; converted to Islam in the 8th century; conqueror of Spain in the 8th century
- moor - secure with cables or ropes; "moor the boat"
- moor - open land usually with peaty soil covered with heather and bracken and moss
- moorish - a style of architecture common in Spain from the 13th to 16th centuries; characterized by horseshoe-shaped arches
- moorish - relating to or characteristic of the Moors; "Moorish courtyard"
- The Moor is one of the main shopping streets of Sheffield, England. Along its length lie some of the most popular department stores, and it is seen as one of the primary retail cores of the city centre. ...
- Mór (Moor) is a town in Fejér county, Hungary. It is located at around .
- The Moor is the fourth book in Mary Russell series by Laurie R. King.
- moor - An extensive waste covered with patches of heath, and having a poor, light soil, but sometimes marshy, and abounding in peat; a heath; A game preserve consisting of moorland; To cast anchor or become fastened; To fix or secure, as a vessel, in a particular place by casting anchor, or by ...
- Moor - A member of an ancient Berber people from Numidia; A member of an Islamic people of Arab or Berber origin ruling Spain and parts of North Africa from the 8th to the 15th centuries; A Muslim or a person from the Middle East or Africa; A person of mixed Arab and Berber ancestry inhabiting the ...
- Moorish - of or pertaining to the Moors or their culture; Of or pertaining to a style of Spanish architecture from the time of the Moors, characterized by the horseshoe arch and ornate, geometric decoration
- Spanish Muslims descended from the Arab conquerors
Produse referitoare la "moors"
Arthur Conan Doyle
Acest site este bazat pe Lexica © 2004-2020 Lucian Velea