- A province is a territorial unit, almost always an administrative division, within a country or state.
- In Italy, a province (in Italian: provincia) is an administrative division of intermediate level between municipality (comune) and region (regione).
- province - state: the territory occupied by one of the constituent administrative districts of a nation; "his state is in the deep south"
- province - the proper sphere or extent of your activities; "it was his province to take care of himself"
- The Province is a daily, tabloid format newspaper published in British Columbia by the Pacific Newspaper Group Inc, a CanWest Global Communications Company. It has been a daily newspaper since 1898.
- A province, in the context of Chinese government, is a translation of sheng , which is an administrative division. ...
- Province - The provinces and territories of Canada combine to make up the world's second largest country. The major difference between a Canadian province and a territory is that provinces are jurisdictions that receive their power and authority directly from the Constitution Act, 1867, whereas territories ...
- Province - In addition to its autonomous communities, Spain is divided into fifty provinces. These closely follow the pattern of the 1833 territorial division of Spain; the only major change of provincial borders since that time has been the division of the Canary Islands into two provinces rather than one.
- An ecclesiastical province is a large jurisdiction of religious government, so named by analogy with a secular province, existing in certain hierarchical Christian churches, especially in the Catholic Church (both Latin and Eastern Catholic) and Orthodox Churches and in the Anglican Communion. ...
- Province - A geologic or geomorphic province is a spatial entity with common geologic or geomorphic attributes. A province may include a single dominant structural element such as a basin or a fold belt, or a number of contiguous related elements. ...
- The Province or De Provincie is a 1991 Dutch drama film directed by Jan Bosdriesz.
- Province - The provinces of Sweden, landskap, are historical, geographical and cultural regions. Sweden has 25 provinces and they have no administrative function, but remain historical legacies and the means of cultural identification.
- province - A subdivision of government usually one step below the national level; A territorial area within a country
- Nested within the realms are provinces:
- Aeduc / Anshar
Produse referitoare la "provinces"
Robert Van Gulik
R. R. Palmer
Jonathan D. Spence
Acest site este bazat pe Lexica © 2004-2020 Lucian Velea