- The shape (from Old English ȝesceap, shap, etc., originally meaning created thing) of an object located in some space is the part of that space occupied by the object, as determined by its external boundary abstracting from other properties such as colour, content, and material composition, as ...
- Shapes is Polvo's fourth studio album. It was recorded by Bob Weston and released on Touch and Go Records in 1997.
- The Shapes were an English punk rock group that formed in the town of Leamington Spa in the latter half of the 1970s.
- The Shapes were an indie-rock band from Brooklyn, NY. Formed in 2004, The Shapes have self-released one self-titled EP (2005) and also composed and performed the theme song for the popular A&E Television show Dallas SWAT. They dissolved in March of 2008.
- shape - any spatial attributes (especially as defined by outline); "he could barely make out their shapes"
- shape - the spatial arrangement of something as distinct from its substance; "geometry is the mathematical science of shape"
- shape - human body: alternative names for the body of a human being; "Leonardo studied the human body"; "he has a strong physique"; "the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak"
- shape - a concrete representation of an otherwise nebulous concept; "a circle was the embodiment of his concept of life"
- shape - form: the visual appearance of something or someone; "the delicate cast of his features"
- determine: shape or influence; give direction to; "experience often determines ability"; "mold public opinion"
- shape - condition: the state of (good) health (especially in the phrases `in condition' or `in shape' or `out of condition' or `out of shape')
- shape - make something, usually for a specific function; "She molded the rice balls carefully"; "Form cylinders from the dough"; "shape a figure"; "Work the metal into a sword"
- shape - Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe: the supreme headquarters that advises NATO on military matters and oversees all aspects of the Allied Command Europe
- give shape or form to; "shape the dough"; "form the young child's character"
- shape - form: a perceptual structure; "the composition presents problems for students of musical form"; "a visual pattern must include not only objects but the spaces between them"
Acest site este bazat pe Lexica © 2004-2020 Lucian Velea