- Uplands, Victoria (known locally as "the Uplands") is an upper-class neighbourhood located in the north east part of the Municipality of Oak Bay, British Columbia, between the neighbourhoods of Cadboro Bay and Willows Beach. ...
- Uplands is name of an electoral ward, a community and a suburb in the City and County of Swansea, Wales, UK. ...
- upland - highland: elevated (e.g., mountainous) land
- upland - used of high or hilly country
- Upland is a city in San Bernardino County, California with an elevation of . As of the 2000 census, the city had a total population of 68,393. It was incorporated on May 15, 1906, after previously being named North Ontario.
- Upland Station is located at 300 E. A Street in Upland. It is located just east of Euclid Ave. and has 170 free parking spaces.
- Upland - In studies of the ecology of freshwater rivers, habitats are classified as upland and lowland. Upland habitats are cold, clear, rocky, fast ...
- The Upland, which is Low German for something like Oberland ("highland") or Auf dem Land ("in the country"), is the northeastern part of the ...
- upland - The area in the interior of a country with a generally higher elevation; often hilly, but not generally mountainous (compare highlands); Of, relating to, or situated in the uplands
- upland - Property which borders on a body of water.
- terrain not affected by water table or surface water or else affected only for short periods so that riparian (hydrophilic) vegetation or aquatic ...
- upland - Land lying above the "ordinary high water mark."
- upland - 1.) terrestrial ecosystems located away from riparian zones, wetlands, springs, seeps, and dry washes 2.) ecosystems made up of vegetation not in contact with groundwater or other permanent water sources (Mojave-Southern Standards & Guidelines, BLM).
- Any area that does not meet the definition of a wetland is considered an upland. Uplands have well-drained soils that generally do not collect ...
- Land at higher elevations than the alluvial plain or low stream terrace; all lands outside the riparian-wetland and aquatic zones. Used often in discussion of federal land management practices.
Produse referitoare la "uplands"
Acest site este bazat pe Lexica © 2004-2020 Lucian Velea