- Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter. (Evenimentele din trecut pot fi împărțite, în mare, în evenimente care probabil nu s-au întâmplat și evenimente care nu contează.) - W.R. Inge
- The spirit, the will to win, and the will to excel are the things that endure. These qualities are so much more important than the events that occur. (Caracterul, dorința de a câștiga și dorința de a excela sunt lucruri care persistă în timp. Aceste calități sunt mult mai importante decât întâmplările care au loc.) - Vince Lombardi
- Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people. (Mințile ilustre discută idei, inteligențele medii discută evenimente, iar mințile reduse îi discută pe alții.) - Eleanor Roosevelt
Exemple de fraze cu events
- Nordic combined is one of the wintersport events, a competition where you compete on the combination of two Nordic style ski events - cross country skiing and ski jumping.
- She must come at all events.
- At all events we have done our best.
- It's worth trying at all events.
- He is old, but at all events he works well.
- She went in for too many events, and so won none.
- You must take an interest in current events.
- What were yesterday's chief events?
- What were the chief events of 1990?
- I will leave tomorrow at all events.
- What were the chief events of last year?
- We should provide for unexpected events.
- All the events described in this story are imaginary.
- Nobody could remember the sequence of events.
- We know about daily events through the newspapers.
- Big events will come to pass.
- Coming events cast their shadows before them.
- The followings are the chief events of 1993.
- The article covers all the events at the fair.
- Our company supports several cultural events.
- In April we have a lot of school events.
- This story is based on actual events.
- I didn't foresee this turn of events.
- Coming events cast their shadows before.
- Even so, kindergartens are sensitive to seasonal events.
- The teacher tried to interest the students in current events.
- A chain of events led to the outbreak of the war.
- Events of that type generally arouse suspicion.
- The events that led up to her present fame are quite dramatic.
- Happy events tend to be accompanied by problems. [Proverb]
- She sat in the chair all day, thinking of past events.
- His diary was a kind of list of events, though he commented at length once in a while.
- The newspaper always keeps us informed of the events taking place in the world.
- Our teacher always tells us that keeping up with world events by reading the newspaper is very important.
- As their language had no written form, the natives expressed deeds and events in carvings.
- The flow of evacuation events from occurrence of a large earthquake to the conclusion of emergency counter measures.
- Shocked by the events of September 11th, politicians all over the world condemned the terrorists of their reprehensible deed.
- I am aware that some question or justify the events of 9/11. But let us be clear: al Qaeda killed nearly 3,000 people on that day.
- The men's and women's singles finals at Wimbledon are among the most exciting and popular sports events of the year.
- The probability of this chain of events all happening at once is one in 2 million flights - about once every two months at current levels of air traffic.
- Such things as the textbook controversy, lack of recognition of historical events, and the prime minister's worshipping at the Yasukuni Shrine have caused discord with China.
- Nordic Combined is held as a combination of two events, ski-jump and cross-country ski.
- The future progressive tense is used when expressing events and action in progress at some future point, however the example sentence cannot be understood in that way.
Exemple din articole cu events
- There are a couple of events next week that I thought were worth highlighting.
- Not enough emphasis is placed on the importance related to the many events a corporation can sponsor during the course of a year.
- Our biweekly list of conferences, webinars and events for entrepreneurs to grow their small businesses.
Imagini exemplificatoare pentru events
Produse referitoare la "Events"
Catherine V. Holmes
Victoria Lemle Beckner
Susan Wise Bauer