- The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand. (Prețul succesului este munca grea, dedicația pentru meserie și hotărârea ca indiferent că pierdem sau câștigăm, am pus tot ce aveam mai bun pentru a duce la capăt sarcina.) - Vince Lombardi
- It's not the hand that signs the laws that holds the destiny of America. It's the hand that casts the ballot. (Nu mâna care semnează legile este cea care ține frâiele destinului Americii, ci mâna care votează.) - Harry Truman
- The hand that rocks the cradleIs the hand that rules the world. (Mâna care împinge leagănul este cea care conduce lumea.) - W.R. Wallace
- The fragrance always remains in the hand that gives the rose. (Mireasma rămâne întotdeauna în mâna care dăruiește trandafirul.) - Heda Bejar
- To be in love is to touch with a lighter hand. In yourself you stretch, you are well. (O atingere ușoară e dragostea. Sub mângâierea ei înflorești în tihnă.) - Gwendolyn Brooks
- Our main business is not to see what lies dimly at a distance but to do what lies clearly at hand. (Activitatea noastră principală nu este să vedem ce se deslușește anevoie la distanță ci să facem ce este clar la îndemână.) - Thomas Carlyle
- The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp. (Vroiam să scriu despre moarte, dar viața a dat buzna ca de obicei.) - Virginia Woolf
- Do you know what friendship is... it is to be brother and sister; two souls which touch without mingling, two fingers on one hand. (Știți ce înseamnă prietenia... să fii frate și soră, două suflete ce se ating fără să se confunde, două degete ale aceleiași mâini.) - Victor Hugo
- Arithmetic is numbers you squeeze from your head to your hand to your pencil to your paper until you get the right answer. (Aritmetica înseamnă numere pe care le storci din creier în mână, în creion, pe foaie, până când ajungi la răspunsul corect.) - Carl Sandburg
- Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world with one hand. (Dați-mi o pârghie destul de lungă și un punct de sprijin și voi răsturna întreaga lume cu o singură mână.) - Arhimede
Exemple de fraze cu at hand
- The airport is close at hand.
- Sit near at hand.
- Summer vacation is near at hand.
- The station is near at hand.
- All students of English should have a good English-English dictionary at hand.
- I keep a large dictionary close at hand when I read English magazines.
- Keep a good dictionary at hand.
- The rainy season is near at hand.
- The resolution to the problem was close at hand.
- Is the store near at hand?
- Please keep this book at hand.
- Christmas is near at hand, isn't it?
- Christmas is near at hand.
- The Bon Festival is near at hand.
- Always have your dictionary near at hand.
- Keep the dictionary ready at hand.
- The day of decision is at hand.
- A police station is close at hand.
- My father had a heart attack yesterday, but he was lucky to have a clinic close at hand.
- Why don't we stop arguing over these piddling matters and get to the issues at hand?
- I haven't my dictionary at hand.
- I always keep three dictionaries at hand.
- I always keep a dictionary close at hand.
- I always keep several dictionaries at hand.
- I keep the book at hand.
- I don't have any good reference book at hand.
- The examination is close at hand.
- The examination is near at hand.
- The examination is at hand.
- The dictionary is close at hand.
- It is necessary to fight AIDS with whatever weapons are at hand.
- A global crisis is at hand.
- New Year's Day is close at hand.
- Our entrance examination is near at hand.
- When he writes, he always keeps a dictionary at hand.
- Easter is near at hand.
- The appointed day is close at hand.
- Light source, that is what direction the light is facing, also take care with shadowing. Just copy down into the sketch book you have at hand as accurately as possible.
- This might not have anything to do with the problem at hand.
- And to all those watching tonight from beyond our shores, from parliaments and palaces, to those who are huddled around radios in the forgotten corners of the world, our stories are singular, but our destiny is shared, and a new dawn of American leadership is at hand.
- Resurrection is at hand.
- And all those watching tonight from beyond our shores, from parliaments and palaces, to those who are huddled around radios in the forgotten corners of the world, our stories are singular, but our destiny is shared; and a new dawn of American leadership is at hand.
Exemple din articole cu at hand
- Help is at hand when you need it - through esd-suppliers.
- One of America's great men on Capitol Hill has repeatedly stated that the issues at hand are dealing with the trivial and not the fundamental.
- Help at hand for new local food co-ops.
- Husband, wife allege beating at hand of Regional Vice Chairman.
Produse referitoare la "at hand"