- Women have served all these centuries as looking-glasses possessing the magic and delicious power of reflecting the figure of a man at twice its natural size. (De-a lungul secolelor femeile au servit drept oglinzi, posedând puterea magică și minunată de a reflecta trupul bărbatului de două ori mai mare decât era.) - Virginia Woolf
- For centuries, the mammoth buried in ice had been dreaming the heat of a museum. (De secole, mamutul îngropat în gheață visează la căldura unui muzeu.) - Fabrizio Caramagna
- While at work, I often asked myself if, in the centuries to come, our artistic values will be able to protect this space. (Lucrând, m-am gândit adesea dacă, în secolele viitoare, valorile noastre artistice ar putea ocroti acest spațiu.) - Theodor Grigoriu
Exemple de fraze cu centuries
- His works will endure for centuries.
- The town lay buried for centuries.
- Prophets have been forecasting the end of the world for centuries.
- Even three centuries ago, most Western Europeans still used their fingers.
- Not only has eating with your fingers continued throughout the centuries, but some scholars believe that it may become popular again.
- He had heard stories about an ancient god who had left his land centuries before by ship.
- As the centuries went by and England became more crowded, the people found their food supply a great problem.
- The relationship between Islam and the West includes centuries of co-existence and cooperation, but also conflict and religious wars.
- We were founded upon the ideal that all are created equal, and we have shed blood and struggled for centuries to give meaning to those words â within our borders, and around the world.
- As a student of history, I also know civilization's debt to Islam. It was Islam â at places like Al-Azhar University â that carried the light of learning through so many centuries, paving the way for Europe's Renaissance and Enlightenment.
- It drew strength from the not-so-young people who braved the bitter cold and scorching heat to knock on doors of perfect strangers, and from the millions of Americans who volunteered and organized and proved that more than two centuries later a government of the people, by the people, and for the people has not perished from the Earth.
- It drew strength from the not-so-young people who braved the bitter cold and scorching heat to knock on doors of perfect strangers, and from the millions of Americans who volunteered and organized and proved that more than two centuries later, a government of the people, by the people, and for the people has not perished from this Earth.
Exemple din articole cu centuries
Imagini exemplificatoare pentru centuries
Acest site este bazat pe Lexica © 2004-2022 Lucian Velea
Pe această pagină se găsesc și informații intermediate de Yahoo!