- He plants trees to benefit another generation. (El plantează copaci ca să aducă foloase altei generații.) - Caecilius Statius
- The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes. (Cea mai mare descoperire a generației mele este aceea că o ființă umană își poate schimba viața prin schimbarea propriei atitudini.) - William James
- Every generation imagines itself to be more intelligent than the one that went before it, and wiser than the one that comes after it. (Fiecare generație îți imaginează că este mai inteligentă decât cea dinainte și mai înțeleaptă decât cea care va urma după ea.) - George Orwell
- In all our efforts to provide "advantages" we have actually produced the busiest, most competitive, highly pressured, and over-organized generation of youngsters in our history. (Prin toate eforturile noastre de a oferi "avantaje" am creat, de fapt, cea mai ocupată și mai competitivă generație tânără din istorie, o generație peste măsură de organizată, asupra căreia se exercită cele mai mari presiuni.) - Eda J. Le Shan
- What really distinguishes this generation in all countries from earlier generations is its determination to act, its joy in action, the assurance of being able to change things by one's own efforts. (Ceea ce face cu adevărat diferența dintre această generație și generațiile trecute, în toate țările, este hotărârea primei de a acționa, bucuria în acțiune, garanția de putea schimba lucrurile prin eforturi proprii.) - Hannah Arendt
- History is the present. That's why every generation writes it anew. But what most people think of as history is its end product, myth. (Istoria este momentul actual. De aceea fiecare generație își scrie propria sa istorie. Dar ceea ce majoritatea consideră a fi istorie este de fapt rezultatul acesteia, mitul.) - E.L. Doctorow
- When you read history it is quite astonishing to discover that there never was a day when men thought times were really good. Every generation in history has been haunted by the feeling of crisis. (Când citești istoria, este destul de uimitor să descoperi că n-a existat nicio zi în care oamenii să fi considerat că vremurile erau bune. Fiecare generație din istorie a fost bântuită de sentimentul crizei.) - Harold Walker
- We're going to raise a lost generation of children unless they are properly disciplined and properly spanked. (Vom crește o generație pierdută de copii dacă nu sunt disciplinați și articulați cum trebuie.) - Charles Eddie Wiseman
- Every generation witnesses atrocities. People in power try to fulfill prophecy. (Fiecare generație e martoră la atrocități. Cei care se află la putere încearcă să îndeplinească profeția.) - Nas
Exemple de fraze cu generation
- The story has been passed down from generation to generation by word of mouth.
- Myths and legends should be handed down from generation to generation.
- The custom was handed down from generation to generation.
- These old customs have been handed down from generation to generation.
- This tradition has been passed down from generation to generation.
- This custom has been handed down from generation to generation.
- This ceremony has been handed down from generation to generation.
- Culture is handed down from generation to generation.
- These tales have been passed on from generation to generation.
- The old generation must make way for the new.
- Those men are of a generation.
- Our generation has seen a lot of changes.
- You belong to the next generation.
- People of my generation all think the same way about this.
- There is a generation gap between them.
- My parents' generation went through the war.
- They have nothing in common with the older generation.
- It seems the task will not be accomplished in our generation.
- They had to pass the tradition on to the next generation.
- He is the person to lead the next generation.
- Each new generation makes use of the knowledge.
- Do not leave our generation without hope.
- We have to transmit our culture to the next generation.
- We have to transmit our culture to next generation.
- A man may be wrong; so may a generation.
- The novelist is popular among our generation.
- Needless to say he is one of the best writers of the present generation.
- We can eliminate C and D since they are irrelevant to the generation of the arcs.
- Knowledge has been passed down to subsequent generation.
- The rising generation always have some funny ideas.
- Each generation would have to rediscover for itself the truths of the past.
- It is said that the younger generation today is apathetic.
- The younger generation looks at things differently.
- Rock roll was a creation of the young generation.
- If it were not for books, each generation would have to rediscover for itself the truths of the past.
- The same thing holds good for the younger generation.
- A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman, the next generation.
- Urban culture appears to be attractive to the younger generation.
- It is thought that the lower speed reduces heat generation.
- Our transactions with that firm have continued unbroken since my father's generation.
- They are better educated, healthier and wealthier than their parents' generation was at their age.
- The proliferation of Internet usage has given birth to a new generation of young people.
- That's the mind-set of a previous time. The current generation doesn't think that way.
- In the old days people valued selflessness. But this generation seems to make a virtue out of selfishness.
- Certainly there are inequalities in level of education even within a generation, but there have been no visible inequities between machines and materials in recent years.
- When the bombs fell on our harbor and tyranny threatened the world, she was there to witness a generation rise to greatness, and a democracy was saved. Yes, we can.
- It grew strength from the young people who rejected the myth of their generation's apathy âŠ who left their homes and their families for jobs that offered little pay and less sleep.
- She was born just a generation past slavery; a time when there were no cars on the road or planes in the sky; when someone like her couldn't vote for two reasons â because she was a woman and because of the color of her skin.
- It drew strength from the young people who rejected the myth of their generation's apathy, who left their homes and their families for jobs that offered little pay and less sleep.
- She was born just a generation past slavery. A time when there were no cars on the road or planes in the sky, when someone like her couldn't vote for two reasons: because she was a woman, and because of the color of her skin.
- In Japan solar heat is used more for solar water heaters than for electricity generation.
Exemple din articole cu generation
- Microsoft's gaming console Xbox360 is designed for next generation players.
- Once Jeff Bagwell and Roberto Alomar (both born in 1968) get voted into the Baseball Hall of Fame next January, there will be a strange generation gap in.
Imagini exemplificatoare pentru generation
Produse referitoare la "generation"
Lee D. Kricher
James Emery White
Jean M. Twenge
Dr Linwood Custalow