- He who is greedy is disgraced; he who discloses his hardship will always be humiliated; he who has no control over his tongue will often have to face discomfort. (Cel care-i lacom e denigrat, cel care va lupta cu greutățile vieții va fi umilit, cel care nu-și tine gura va avea întotdeauna de suferit.) - Imam Ali-Ibn-Abi-Talib
- It is partly to avoid consciousness of greed that we prefer to associate with those who are at least as greedy as we ourselves. Those who consume much less are a reproach. (Preferăm compania celor care sunt cel puțin la fel de lacomi ca și noi, în parte pentru a evita să ne conștientizăm lăcomia. Cei care consumă mult mai puțin reprezintă un reproș.) - Charles Horton Cooley
Exemple de fraze cu greedy
- She was greedy for love.
- Don't be so greedy.
- He does not need to eat, he is just greedy.
- He is selfish and greedy.
- Don't be so greedy or you'll wind up with nothing.
- Greedy cats are out for a fast buck.
- Shylock is greedy, and what is worse, very stingy.
- The roots of the plant are greedy for water.
- The greedy little child ate all the food.
- Don't put your greedy hands on my money.
- A miser hoards money not because he is prudent but because he is greedy.
- The greedy man was by no means satisfied with the reward.
- That proposal may be a way to kill two birds with one stone but we also have to be careful not to get greedy and spoil everything.
Imagini exemplificatoare pentru greedy
Produse referitoare la "greedy"