- The cosmos is a gigantic flywheel making 10,000 revolutions per minute. Man is a sick fly taking a dizzy ride on it. (Cosmosul este un volant uriaș care face 10.000 de revoluții pe minut. Omul este o muscă bolnavă care face o călătorie amețitoare în el.) - H.L. Mencken
- Courage is fear holding on a minute longer. (Curajul înseamnă să-i reziști fricii un minut mai mult.) - George S. Patton
- The minute you start talking about what you're going to do if you lose, you have lost. (În momentul în care începi să vorbești despre ce o să faci dacă o să pierzi, ai pierdut deja.) - George Shultz
- There's a sucker born every minute. (Un fraier se naște la fiecare minut.) - P.T. Barnum
- Humility is a strange thing. The minute you think you've got it, you've lost it. (Modestia este un lucru ciudat. În clipa în care crezi că o ai, ai pierdut-o.) - E.D. Hulse
- A business like acting is 90% luck. You can be a star one minute and out of work the next. (O meserie ca actoria e 90% noroc. Poți să fii vedetă o clipă, iar în următoarea să nu mai ai de lucru.) - Amber Tamblyn
- My teen years were a blur. I was following my dreams, and falling into unbelievable roles. I forgot for a minute that it was a gift, not a right, and had to take some time to re-humble myself. (Anii adolescenței mele au fost obscuri. Îmi urmam visele și mă aruncam în roluri incredibile. Timp de o clipă am uitat că era un dar, nu un drept, și că trebuia să-mi fac vreme să devin iarăși umil.) - Ralph Macchio
- A single minute of reconciliation is worth more than a whole life of friendship. (O singură clipă de împăcare este mai de preț decât o viață întreagă de prietenie.) - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- I would sleep less, dream more, understanding that for each minute we close our eyes, we lose sixty seconds of light. (Ar trebui să dorm mai puțin și să visez mai mult, în condițiile în care pentru fiecare minut în care ținem ochii închiși pierdem șaizeci de secunde de lumină.) - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Exemple de fraze cu minute
- Day by day and month by month Internet technology is growing. Actually make that second by second and minute by minute.
- Yes, she'll be with you in a minute.
- Let me think for a minute.
- Do you have a minute?
- At the last minute.
- I'll be there in a minute.
- Could I see you a minute, please?
- Will you help me for a minute?
- Just a minute.
- Let's take a 10-minute break.
- Let's take a 10 minute break.
- There was a minute difference between them.
- I had hardly waited a minute when he came.
- I excused myself for a minute.
- It may rain any minute.
- John should be here any minute now.
- May I speak to you a minute?
- Hold on a minute, please.
- Would you please wait for a minute?
- Hold on a minute, please. I'll see if he is in.
- He will be back in a minute.
- He promised to help me, but at the last minute he let me down.
- He may leave any minute.
- I waited until the last minute.
- He should be back any minute now.
- Tom should be here any minute.
- Now just hold on a minute.
- Excuse me a minute.
- He should be back any minute.
- This time, the same as always, I crammed at the last minute.
- I recognized the actor the minute I saw him.
- The thunderbolt is likely to fall any minute.
- I missed the airplane by a minute.
- He went to the store at the last minute, just before it closed.
- I can type 50 words a minute.
- I am sorry to cancel the appointment at the last minute.
- I have hardly had a minute lately to think about personal e-mails.
- Just stay put for a minute while I look for him.
- I missed the train by a minute.
- I asked her to wait a minute.
- The airplane arrived at 9:03 to the minute.
- He appeared at 5 o'clock to the minute.
- Just a minute, please. I'll call him to the phone.
- He missed the last train by a minute.
- The game was canceled at the last minute.
- The world is changing every minute.
- He missed the train by one minute.
- What did you do with my glasses? They were here a minute ago.
- It is a five-minute walk to the library.
- The situation became worse by the minute.
- They did not notice minute differences.
- If you have a minute, I'd like to talk to you about some problems.
- I'll be back in a minute he added.
- That clock is one minute fast.
- One minute earlier, and we could have seen the Queen.
- I missed the train only by one minute.
- Lend me your comb for a minute, will you?
- It's about a ten-minute drive from here.
- Those books look as if they're going to topple over any minute.
- What have you done with my pen? It was here a minute ago.
- Words failed me at the last minute.
- I'll put your call through in a minute.
- Do you mind waiting for a minute?
- We enjoyed every minute of the party.
- He missed the train by a minute.
- Let's have a ten-minute break.
- The school is only a five-minute walk.
- A second is a sixtieth part of a minute.
- Because just one minute costs nearly four pounds.
- A minute has sixty seconds.
- The meeting began at nine o'clock to the minute.
- Hang on a minute .I'll call Jimmy.
- Can you spare a minute? I'd like to discuss something of importance to both of us.
- Try a 50 minute mock examination, and know just how good you really are.
- Takeshi promised to help me with my homework, but at the last minute he let me down.
- The new secretary types about 70 words per minute.
- Got cancelled at the last minute. 'Deferred to next week'.
- The train left at five o'clock to the minute.
- The job filled every minute of her day.
- She told her son to wait a minute.
- The plane landed at 6 o'clock to the minute.
- One minute earlier, and they could have caught the bus.
- Buses are running at 20 minute intervals.
- I didn't enjoy every minute of the party.
- We can ill afford to lose a minute.
- My watch gains one minute a day.
- I had scarcely walked a minute before I met him.
- "How far is it from here to your school?" "It's about ten minute's walk."
- This clock gain one minute a day.
- You must pay attention to every minute detail from now on.
- This clock gains two minute a day.
- A few minute's walk brought us to the park.
- He was so healthy up to the minute of his sudden death. You really never know what might happen next.
- "If you're on that telephone for less than one minute, I'll eat my hat," Bob says.
- We're a bit busy at the moment - can you hang on a minute?
- It has been said that "a sucker's born every minute" and every 'confidence man' knows it.
- Can you keep standing on one of your legs with closed eyes for a minute?
- The train started at ten o'clock to the minute.
- After a ten-minute break, we resumed our rehearsal.
- Now just a minute there. I hope you're not trying to tell me you're not going to pay the money back.
Imagini exemplificatoare pentru minute
Produse referitoare la "minute"
Spencer M. D. Johnson
Compiled by Barbour Staff