- Pride is a spiritual Cancer: It eats up the very possibility of love, or contentment, or even common sense. (Mândria este un cancer al sufletului: distruge posibilitatea iubirii, sau a fericirii sau chiar a bunului simț.) - C.S. Lewis
- There is this paradox in pride - it makes some men ridiculous, but prevents others from becoming so. (Mândria are următorul paradox - pe unii oameni îi face ridicoli, dar pe alții îi împiedică să devină astfel.) - Charles Caleb Colton
- It is not for him to pride himself who loveth his own country, but rather for him who loveth the whole world. The earth is but one country and mankind its citizens. (Nu cel care își iubește propria țară trebuie să se mândrească, ci cel care iubește lumea întreagă. Căci pământul este o singură țară iar oamenii sunt cetățenii ei.) - Baha'u'llah
- Ladies of Fashion starve their happiness to feed their vanity, and their love to feed their pride. (Doamnele la modă își înfometează fericirea ca să-și hrănească vanitatea, și dragostea, ca să-și hrănească mândria.) - Charles Caleb Colton
- Through pride we are ever deceiving ourselves. But deep down below the surface of the average conscience a still, small voice says to us, "Something is out of tune". (Mândria ne face să ne amăgim întotdeauna. Dar adânc înăuntrul nostru, dincolo de suprafața conștiinței obișnuite, o voce mică și liniștită ne spune "Ceva e în neregulă".) - Carl Gustav Jung
- I'm keenly aware of the Pride coming before the Fall . . . but I really do like what I've been able to do here. (Sunt profund conștient că Mândria vine înaintea Căderii... dar sunt cu adevărat mândru de ceea ce am realizat aici.) - Wil Wheaton
- We take pride in what we do. (Ne mândrim cu ceea ce întreprindem.) - Coolio
- In general, pride is at the bottom of all great mistakes. (De obicei, mândria e cauza tuturor marilor greșeli.) - John Ruskin
- Beauty fades so quickly that it does not matter. Belief, pride - remain. (Frumusețea se stinge atât de repede încât nu contează. Credința, mândria - rămân.) - Michael McClure
Exemple de fraze cu pride
- Pride goes before a fall.
- Pride comes before a fall.
- You are my pride and joy.
- She was aflame with pride.
- What I said hurt his pride.
- His pride did not allow him to take the money.
- She may well take pride in her talent.
- Do you take pride in your work?
- He took pride in his dog.
- He has too much pride in his appearance.
- Too much humility is pride.
- He is free from pride.
- Pride will have a fall.
- It's pride that drives her.
- She takes pride in her looks.
- We may well take pride in our old temples.
- We took pride in our strength.
- His pride didn't allow him to ask for help.
- Her manner marked her pride.
- The workers had the pride in their work.
- He takes pride in being punctual.
- Losing injured their pride.
- He is takes pride in his son.
- His beautiful wife is his pride.
- She takes pride in her son.
- She takes pride in her good looks.
- She takes pride in her daughter.
- His heart was not in his work, nor did he take any pride in it.
- His pride stood in the way of success.
- His pride was slightly touched.
- The words hurt his pride.
- Hey, I may have no money, but I still have my pride.
- His pride wouldn't allow him to do such a mean thing.
- His pride would not brook such insults.
- She takes great pride in her appearance.
- She takes pride in her son's success.
- The old doctor takes pride in his work.
- Such was his pride that he could not bring himself to ignore the insult.
- You should have come here sooner instead of putting it off out of pride (for so long).
- She takes pride in her high school.
- It was difficult for him to hide his pride in his success.
- My pride prevented me from borrowing money from him.
- Garvey speaks up for racial pride.
- My artisan pride cannot tolerate such sloppiness.
- I was also impressed with the school's cleanliness and the students' pride in it.
- A good craftsman takes pride in his work.
- "A-hem!" Alice boasted, puffing up with pride.
- She takes great pride in her stamp collection.
- They take great pride in their daughter, who is now a famous singer.
- The entire crew takes pride in its work.
- The heart-shaped pond is the pride of the royal couple.
- Our party finally have a candidate we could put forward with pride.
- Mother takes pride in her daughter typing skill.
- The Japanese pride themselves on Mt. Fuji, a cone-shaped mountain.
- This is true partly because non-Westerners have begun to take pride in their own cultures and partly because those areas of the world where forks are not used have some of the highest birth rates.
Exemple din articole cu pride
- Amnesty International has called on the Lithuanian President, Dalia Grybauskaite, to ensure that the 2010 Baltic Pride march goes ahead on 8 May despite a new attempt to have it banned.
- Vilnius County Administrative Court annulled a license permitting the Balti Pride parade issued by the Vilnius municipal authorities in response to a submission from acting prosecutor general Raimondas Petrauskas.
Imagini exemplificatoare pentru pride
Produse referitoare la "pride"
Brian K. Vaughan
Brian K. Vaughan
Walter Dean Myers