- The fact of evolution is the backbone of biology, and biology is thus in the peculiar position of being a science founded on an unproved theory, is it then a science or faith? (Adevărul evoluției reprezintă temelia biologiei, iar biologia se află, astfel, în postura neobișnuită a unei științe fondate pe o teorie îmbunătățită, deci, prin urmare, este o știință sau credință?) - Charles Darwin
- Science is not a sacred cow. Science is a horse. Don't worship it. Feed it. (Știința nu este o vacă sacră. Știința este un cal, deci n-o adora, ci hrănește-o.) - Abba Eban
- Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. (Atât în știință, cât și în religie, cercetarea cu scepticism este mijlocul prin care se cerne intuiția profundă din absurditatea profundă.) - Carl Sagan
- The great tragedy of science - the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly fact. (Marea tragedie a științei - nimicirea unei ipoteze frumoase printr-o realitate urâtă.) - T.H. Buxley
- Nature is earlier than man, but man is earlier than natural science. (Natura a apărut înaintea omului, dar omul a apărut înaintea științelor naturale.) - Carl Friedrich von Weizsacker
- There is an astonishing imagination, even in the science of mathematics... We repeat, there was far more imagination in the head of Archimedes than in that of Homer. (Există o imaginație uimitoare, chiar și în matematică... Repetăm, era mult mai multă imaginație în mintea lui Arhimede decât în cea a lui Homer.) - Voltaire
- All science is either physics or stamp collecting. (Știința e ori fizică, ori colecționare de timbre.) - Ernest Rutherford
- If we long to believe that the stars rise and set for us, that we are the reason there is a Universe, does science do us a disservice in deflating our conceits? (Dacă ne dorim să credem că stelele răsar și apun pentru noi, că noi suntem motivul pentru care există Universul, știința ne face cumva un deserviciu deziluzionându-ne trufia?) - Carl Sagan
- Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense. (Zeii sunt lucruri fragile; îi poate ucide o rafală de știință sau o doză de bun simț.) - Chapman Cohen
- Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality. (Știința este nu doar compatibilă cu spiritualitatea; ea este o sursă profundă a spiritualității.) - Carl Sagan
Exemple de fraze cu science
- That university's curriculum covers natural science and social science.
- Observation is a passive science, experimentation an active science.
- When science was less important than it is now, it was all very well to leave science to the scientists.
- I do not like science.
- He has to take two science classes.
- I like science fiction better.
- She has to study science.
- He is backward in science.
- He is keen on science.
- She has little knowledge of science.
- The whole area of science.
- Politics is the science of how who gets what, when and why.
- I like both science and math.
- She is weakest at science.
- Science begins when you ask why and how.
- Each science has its own terminology.
- I have been learning a science.
- Science rests upon observation.
- This, in essence, is the secret of science.
- Science builds our lifestyle.
- We cannot conceive science without a hypothesis.
- Space science is still in its infancy.
- Medical science is always on the march.
- This science-fiction novel is very interesting.
- It was one of the great discoveries in science.
- You find that it is shaped by science.
- Science brought about many changes in our lives.
- He was devoted to medical science.
- He's very fond of science fiction.
- Science has brought about many changes in our lives.
- Astronomy is the science of the universe.
- Astronomy is by no means a new science.
- The new discovery proved useful to science.
- Creationism is a pseudo-science.
- Advance in science is continuous.
- Psychology is the science of the mind.
- Astronomy is the science of heavenly bodies.
- This book is of great value to students of science.
- She is ignorant of even the simplest facts about science.
- Science is based on very careful observations.
- There was a great conflict between religion and science.
- He doesn't show any interest in science.
- Her father devoted his life to science.
- The impact of science on society is great.
- He devoted his life to the study of science.
- Facts are to science what words are to the poets.
- He studies astronomy, or the science of stars.
- Now that I am well again, I want to study space science in college.
- How is the discovery related to the progress of science?
- Tom excels his classmates in science.
- She devoted her life to the study of science.
- She took night classes in the science of self-defense.
- Progress in science was often barred by convention.
- The aim of science is, as has often been said, to foresee, not to understand.
- Science is the way to prepare for the 21st century.
- Science is far more than a collection of facts and methods.
- Science is based on careful observation.
- Science has made remarkable progress.
- Science can be dangerous when applied carelessly.
- Physics is the basic physical science.
- Life is not an exact science, it is an art.
- She is ignorant of even the simplest fact about science.
- Science as such is not interested in the value or worth of things.
- Science does not solve all the problems of life.
- Science has not solved all the problems of life.
- Science produced the atomic bomb.
- She wrote on gender bias in science.
- My daughter prefers science to languages or art.
- The fact is of great importance from the viewpoint of science.
- My father studies astronomy, or the science of stars.
- The couple transformed chemistry into a modern science.
- Mrs. Jones is teaching computer science.
- But a collection of facts is not science any more than a dictionary is poetry.
- The secret of the pyramid was brought to light by science.
- Medical science has made a dramatic advance.
- Modern science has turned many impossibilities into possibilities.
- If science makes progress, we'll be able to solve such problem.
- Advances in science don't always benefit humanity.
- Chris is in a risky situation in science class.
- She studies hygiene as part of her domestic science.
- Science has made rapid progress in this century.
- In science class, we drew pictures of cells.
- Physics can be defined as the science of matter, motion, and energy.
- He was a great authority on astronomy, or the science of the heavenly bodies.
- Since the war Japan has advanced greatly in science and technology.
- The progress of science has brought about great change in our lives.
- Science and art must contribute to the promotion of human welfare.
- In recent year science has made remarkable progress.
- As science makes progress, old ways give place to new.
- Computer science has made rapid progress in our country.
- Einstein's theories contributed greatly to modern science.
- There is no telling how far science may have progressed by the end of the twentieth century.
- True science teaches us to doubt and to abstain from ignorance.
- It must also be said that spotting what is important in current science is a matter of judgement, one cannot know that one is right.
- Modern civilization rests on a foundation of science and education.
- Man hopes to master nature with science and technology.
- The discovery of truth should remain the single aim of science.
- From a strictly scientific point of view, history cannot be called a science.
- Writers such as novelists and poets don't seen to benefit much from the advance of science.
- Advertising may be described as the science of arresting the human intelligence long enough to get money from it.
Imagini exemplificatoare pentru science
Produse referitoare la "science"
James G. Martin
Rebecca Kai Dotlich
G. E. R. Lloyd
Elgin F. Hunt
Liz Lee Heinecke