Exemple din articole cu stern necessities
- Newspaper statistics have been omitted almost entirely, because very liable to errata, and only under stern necessities have estimates been accepted and used.
- Let us call to mind our impatience at God's providences towards us, our wayward longings after what cannot be, our headstrong efforts to reverse His just decrees, our bootless conflicts with the stern necessities which hem us in, .
- The stern necessities of life compel me to work.
- This was during the period of the Famine, the winter of 1846-47, when the stern necessities of the time seemed to afford a chance of gaining attention for what appeared to me the only mode of combining relief to immediate destitution .
- ... faultless fashioning, and into the midst of her irreproachable work, where use and beauty are never at a variance, to introduce their own bald utilities with little thought beyond the stern necessities of each day and generation. ...
- These orders have been called for by the stern necessities of the times, and it is believed, have met with the most universal approval of the citizens of the country.
- Then, Miss Fountain, snow, or sleet, there was no delay; his precious burden of letters demanded Statistica best efforts under the stern necessities of the hazardous service; it brooked no detention; on he must ride.
Acest site este bazat pe Lexica © 2004-2022 Lucian Velea
Pe această pagină se găsesc și informații intermediate de Yahoo!