Fraze exemplificatoare cu stopped
- The bus stopped to set down an old man. (Autobuzul se opri ca să coboare un om bătrân.)
- What stopped him from coming? (Ce l-a împiedicat să vină?)
- We have not passed that subtle line between childhood and adulthood until we move from the passive voice to the active voice-that is, until we have stopped saying 'It got lost,' and say, 'I lost it.' (Nu vom fi pășit peste acea graniță fină dintre copilărie și viața de adult, până nu vom fi trecut de la diateza pasivă, la diateza activă- adică, până atunci când vom fi încetat a mai spune "Am fost pierdut" și vom spune "Am pierdut".) - Sydey Harris
- One thing about being successful is that I stopped being afraid of dying. Once you're a star you're dead already. You're embalmed. (Un lucru legat de succes este că mă face să nu-mi mai fie frică de moarte. Când ești vedetă ești deja mort. Ești îmbălsămat.) - Dustin Hoffman
Alte exemple de fraze cu stopped
- He stopped to think which way to go.
- She stopped our fighting.
- The rain stopped at last.
- At last the bus stopped.
- I stopped and gazed at them.
- They stopped to talk.
- He last he stopped looking for the pearl.
- He stopped the car.
- He stopped talking to them.
- No taxi stopped.
- They stopped quarreling when I came in.
- He stopped short.
- The bus stopped and we got on.
- She stopped smoking.
- Just then, the bus stopped.
- She stopped to smoke.
- She stopped talking.
- I stopped to smoke.
- Has the snow stopped yet?
- They stopped talking.
- Do you know why they stopped talking?
- A clock stopped.
- It has stopped raining.
- He stopped to talk to them.
- I also stopped sleeping.
- The traveler stopped to ask me the way.
- He stopped to smoke.
- He stopped smoking.
- The clock has stopped.
- I stopped smoking.
- He stopped talking.
- He stopped to put on his shoes.
- He stopped reading the newspaper.
- He stopped short at the gate.
- He stopped reading a book.
- A car stopped at the entrance.
- He stopped smoking last year.
- He stopped by Tom's chair.
- Suddenly they stopped talking.
- I stopped off at Osaka on my way to Tokyo.
- I stopped smoking and drinking.
- Becoming very tired, I stopped to rest.
- I stopped listening to the radio.
- My father stopped smoking.
- My heart stopped beating.
- Seeing me, they suddenly stopped talking.
- We stopped working at noon.
- We stopped the child from getting into mischief.
- He stopped up the crack with putty.
- They stopped talking as soon as I did into the room.
- I attempted to leave but was stopped.
- He stopped to smoking for his health.
- The baby stopped crying.
- He stopped reading newspapers.
- The bus stopped to take up passengers.
- We stopped over in Athens on our way to Paris.
- Suddenly she stopped and looked around.
- Bill stopped smoking.
- The brake stopped working.
- She stopped picking daisies.
- Now that it has stopped raining, we can go home.
- The rain just stopped, so let's leave.
- Father stopped drinking.
- As it stopped raining, he went our for a walk.
- She stopped sewing and had some tea.
- Seeing me, they suddenly stopped talking.
- Suddenly, my feet stopped.
- The storm stopped the train.
- The rain hasn't stopped yet, has it?
- Our train stopped suddenly.
- The bus stopped sharply.
- The bus stopped in every village.
- The leak needs to be stopped immediately.
- We decided to let her alone until she stopped of her own accord.
- The ship stopped a little way off the shore.
- She stopped looking at the show window.
- They stopped their game and stared at me.
- She stopped crying altogether.
- The accident stopped the traffic.
- She is calm now; she has stopped crying.
- She stopped before the mirror to admire herself.
- She stopped singing the song.
- The driver cannot have stopped at the signal.
- They waited in the porch until it stopped raining.
- The old man stopped for a moment to rest.
- It will have stopped raining by the time he comes back.
- Their progress was stopped by a wide river.
- It stopped short at a result far from the 10% taken as the target.
- He stopped short and looked back.
- He stopped a moment to kick a rock.
- She caught me by the arm and stopped me from going home.
- She put on the brakes and the car stopped.
- My father stopped reading to have lunch.
- He stopped smoking for the sake of his health.
- He stopped smoking on his doctor's advice.
- He stopped smoking for the improvement of his health.
- He stopped playing baseball last season.
- To her embarrassment, her baby never stopped crying.
- He stopped over at Los Angeles and Chicago.
- It was not until the child was fed that he stopped crying.
Produse referitoare la "stopped"
Stephanie Roth Sisson
Patricia Reilly Giff