cow into submission
Exemple din articole cu cow into submission
- to pinpoint for the general public and cow into submission the Lobby which prevents this.
- It enables him to circle the wagons and sort of cow into submission his own opposition, because otherwise they could be presented as traitors at a time of, you know, national emergency and so on.
- I think that the conservatives are pissed off because they keep trying the same well-financed shrieking and bullying tactics on the academic and scientific worlds that they used to cow into submission the media and political worlds .
- Instead, they have telegraphed to barbarians - some of whom have the arsenals to do real damage - that they will cow into submission the acts of even the most lowly and unimportant of our citizens to avoid confrontation.
- To me it isn't so much as beating a cow into submission and teaching her to stand stock still and wait for rewards, but more a relaxing time for me and hopefully the cow.
- And the answer is that we're torturing in order to cow into submission an unconsenting population we're ruling over, something that torture is very good at.
- The second adversary that Al Qaeda tried to cow into submission was the United States, more specifically the American people.