- It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence. (E mai bine să fim violenți, dacă există violență în inimile noastre, decât să ne punem mantaua non-violenței pentru a ne acoperi neputința.) - Mahatma Gandhi
- All writers - all people - have their stores of private and family legends which lie like a collection of half-forgotten, often violent toys on the floor of memory. (Toți scriitorii - toți oamenii - își au tezaurul lor de legende familiale și personale, care zac precum o colecție de jucării pe jumătate uitate, deseori violente, pe această podea a memoriei.) - V.S. Pritchett
Exemple de fraze cu Violent
- There was a violent storm at sea.
- She'd better tame that violent temper.
- His opposition was more violent than I had bargained for.
- We are facing a violent crisis.
- At this hint of the violent storm to come we shuddered as one.
- To tell the truth, I'm tired of violent movies.
- Violent crime spread into the suburbs.
- There was a violent clash of opinions between the two leaders.
- You can solve the problem in non-violent ways.
- John had a violent quarrel with his wife.
- We have to be prepared to cope with violent storms.
- The first issue that we have to confront is violent extremism in all of its forms.
- They began to make violent attacks against the enemy.
- When his wife heard of his violent death, she was beside herself with grief.
- War results only in senseless and violent destruction.
- Recent comics have too many violent and sexual scenes.
- He was beaten with an iron rod during a violent soccer match.
- Eventually, he was sentenced to five years in prison for the violent crime.
- When violent extremists operate in one stretch of mountains, people are endangered across an ocean.
- Violent extremists have exploited these tensions in a small but potent minority of Muslims.
- Comedians base their jokes on tragic situations like violent death or serious accidents.
- The LDP brought out a bill to raise taxes, but they met with such violent opposition that they backed down.
- Finally, in 1314, these games had become so violent and dangerous that King Edward II made a law.
- Floods, violent wind storms, droughts, killing frosts, and the problems of air pollution, have all, on occasion, influenced modern society.
- In Ankara, I made clear that America is not â and never will be â at war with Islam. We will, however, relentlessly confront violent extremists who pose a grave threat to our security.
Exemple din articole cu Violent
Imagini exemplificatoare pentru Violent
Produse referitoare la "violent"
J. G. Ballard